Donate and support us on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?c=1785147
While our policies are way more popular than Joe Biden's, people over the age of 45 believe that Biden is more "electable" than Bernie. This is a false belief, and we need to politely steer these folks in the right direction if we want to win.So here are…
6 of the Most Powerful Reasons why Bernie Sanders is Far More Electable than Joe Biden
Share these facts with the Electability Skeptics in your life!
1. Bernie is a New Deal Democrat.
Bernie Sanders is a New Deal Democrat, just like FDR (they called FDR a communist, too). Bernie is not trying to nationalize industries. He just wants to increase social welfare programs, like Social Security and Medicare. He wants America to have the best-educated population of every country on earth. Public services like public education, fire departments, and healthcare are not communism. The New Deal is what transformed America into a global powerhouse in the 20th century. Bernie Sanders is the man to guide America into a 21st century New Deal.
2. Come November, the country will be in recession due to Coronavirus pandemic. As the architect of Medicare For All and a lifelong champion of worker rights, Bernie Sanders is going to look like an Oracle compared to Trump. Biden will just look the same as Trump.
The ideas Bernie Sanders has popularized are going to be insanely popular come November, especially Medicare For All.
Joe Biden, meanwhile, just said he would veto Medicare For All if it ever passed Congress. He told a group of insurance and bank CEOs nothing would change under a Biden administration. He's going to look the same as Trump on this issue, and have absolutely no edge on Trump.
3. Joe Biden would collapse in the debates with Trump. Bernie Sanders will beat Trump at his own game.
Donald Trump is literally a pioneer of the reality TV genre. You may hate him, but the guy is a master of the televised format. Biden can't reliably get through a speech even using teleprompters right now. It will be ugly. Trump would come out of it looking smarter and more eloquent than Biden.
Bernie Sanders on the other hand, speaks extemporaneously for 30-60 minutes 3-5 times everyday. His authenticity and well-spoken nature makes him the only choice left standing to handle Trump on a debate stage.
4. Bernie Sanders is far more successful with independents than Joe Biden. You need independents to win a general election.
Bernie Sanders is beating Joe again and again with Independents. Trump beat the Democrats in 2016 in part by winning Independents by 5 points. Bernie Sanders is most successful independent in American history. Sanders will wipe the floor with Trump on independents. Biden, the product of the party machine, will not.
5. Joe Biden is not up to defeating Trump, mentally.
Fair or not, the GOP is already hammering Joe for having clearly lost a step between 2016 and today. This is going to be a major story and relentless narrative after the primaries. Biden will not be able to defend against it because he cannot reliably speak well in public anymore.
6. There is way more enthusiasm for Bernie Sanders than Joe Biden. When a general election hits, Joe Biden's turnout will fail him and the Democrats will lose.
It will be 2016 all over again. Joe may win the popular vote, but he'll lose across the Rust Belt, winning only the Northeast and West Coast. Trump will handily defeat Joe in the electoral college.