Donate and support us on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?c=1785147
Hello, everyone! Let's take a look at where we are and what we gotta do to win this historically unusual race.
State of the race:
- 30 primaries done. 27 primaries remaining.
- 1,991 delegates to clinch the Democratic nomination
- Joe Biden has about 1,215. Biden needs 776 more to clinch.
- Bernie Sanders has about 909. Sanders needs 1,082 more to clinch.
- There are 1,679 delegates remaining.
- Sanders needs to win about 64% of the remaining delegates to clinch the Democratic Nomination.
- Many primary dates in motion due to Coronavirus. Many primaries will be by mail. June 2 is now as important as Super Tuesday.
- No candidate is going to win before June 2.
Bernie can win 2/3 of the remaining delegates.
We live in interesting times. After being historically huge, the Democratic field only recently narrowed to two candidates, Bernie and Biden. Biden is plummeting in opinion polls. Bernie is skyrocketing. Due to the extended primary calendar, the Sanders campaign has until June to make its case. Due to Coronavirus and the fact that his opponents are Trump and Biden, Bernie currently looks like the only responsible adult in the room.
Elections and states are won by 2/3 margins all of the time. We can do this! Here's how.
Strategy: GOTV and Convince People Over 50
Bernie Sanders is crushing the vote with folks under 45. Biden is crushing the vote with people over 50. People over 50 are voting in much greater numbers, which is why Biden is currently winning. Our path to victory thus lay in 1) Turning out the Youth Vote, and 2) Convincing older folks that Bernie is the best, most electable candidate to run for the Democrats in 2020.
Do Your Part #1: Make sure you vote. Make sure your friends vote.
The following states and territories are all going to be offering voting by mail –
Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virgin Islands, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Do Your Part #2: Share Good Stories About Bernie With People Over 50
There are four narratives you need to respectfully share with people over 50 to help get these seniors on our side:
- Bernie Sanders is much more electable against Trump than Biden.
- Joe Biden has tried to cut Social Security many times.
- Bernie Sanders is a New Deal Democrat.
- Bernie Sanders is the only leader we have during Coronavirus pandemic.
Call your parents and grandparents. Talk to older folks in your communities. Share 1 pro-Bernie article on Facebook everyday. Get out of your comfort zone and respectfully let people know why Bernie Sanders is the best and most electable candidate in 2020.