Donate and support us on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?c=1785147
Okay, so I hope this post does not get locked. I have helped compose a list of progressive primary challengers to centrist incumbent Democrats. Some of them are endorsed by Local Berniecrats, Our Revolution, Justice Democrats, DSA, or Brand New Congress. But, Brand New Congress only endorsed THREE challengers. Justice Democrats only released TWO new challengers. Our Revolution is not yet accepting 2020 nominations. We NEED to get rid of a few centrists at least in 2020 if we want to change anything, and they need to build their following now so they WILL get endorsed later. So, I am going to first post all of the candidates endorsed by official Berniecratic sources. Then I am going to post a link to Twitter — I and another person have been compiling a list of progressive primary challengers who have a platform and issues page that mirrors the Bernie platform. Most of these candidates have confirmed they are TRYING to be endorsed by a Bernie-friendly source. We have compiled over 40 challengers. Follow. Share. Vote.
First, make sure you double-check https://localberniecrats.com/ periodically. This site has local, state, and national candidates. Some of the candidates on the Twitter list are on Local Berniecrats already — but that will take forever to cross-reference on here. We all need to be thinking about Congress as well as Bernie. We need to send in warriors to back him up (like…if all candidates could be like Joshua Collins from Washington's 10th, that would be excellent, he needs to be nominated and endorsed.)
Second, double-check Justice Democrats https://www.justicedemocrats.com/candidates (Jamaal Bowman, NY-16, Jessica Cisneros, TX-28)
Third, check https://ourrevolution.com/candidates/ (No 2020 challengers, but some 2019 races)
Fourth, check https://brandnewcongress.org/ — Three challengers on the Twitter primary list (Cori Bush – MO-01, Anthony Clark, IL-07, Adrienne Bell TX-14)
Fifth, check out the Twitter list here (49 members!): https://twitter.com/rss303/lists/primary-challengers
Sixth: If you like one of the Twitter list candidates, and live in their area, nominate them for Justice Democrats, Our Revolution (when they start nominating), Local Berniecrats, and Brand New Congress. Below is the membership list for the Twitter list — each candidate has a website that clearly states what their issues and goals are — There may be a dud or two in here, but I've checked and double-checked and I cannot imagine that these candidates won't get endorsements (some who have been endorsed are listed below again).
- Shelia Bryant For Congress @SheliaForMD4 Running as a progressive candidate in Maryland’s 4th congressional district with a platform of reproductive justice, Medicare For All, & putting people first!
- @JamaalBowmanNY I'm running for Congress because the people of NY-16 deserve a Democrat who will fight for jobs and education, not bombs and incarceration.
- @JCisnerosTX I'm running to represent the working people of TX-28 in Congress. It’s time to elect a real Democrat who’ll fight for all of us, not big corporate donors.
- @EricaForNY Attorney and advocate running in NY-12 (she/her)
- @Weinstock2020 Proud New Yorker, Firefighter, Gay, Hip-Kosher: Candidate for Congress, NY-3
- @UrbinaForUsCaregiver, wife, mom, advocate, & progressive candidate for Congress in MD-05 | 📷Corporate PACs |
- @Kina4Congress National healthcare advocate | Gun violence prevention organizer | Coalition director | Youth mentor | Candidate for
#IL07 | She/Her/Hers #Kina4Congress (I would support Anthony Clark over her — he has an endorsement and more followers)
- @AlbertLee2020 Dad. Husband. Army Veteran. Candidate for OR-3. 📷Powered by people, not by corporations. 📷 Proud member of
@portlanddsa 📷 #ChooseAFighter
- @Dickinson2020 Candidate for PA 18th Congressional District, husband, father, community advocate, lawyer, law professor
- @Cirincione2020 Progressive Dem. 📷 in NJ 6| America can work for ALL of us | 📷% People funded |
#endcorruption #medicareforall | #GreenNewDeal | 📷http://tinyurl.com/actbluerc
- @MeetMckayla Progressive primary challenger of Steny Hoyer to represent MD-05. She/her.
#Mckayla2020 #AVoteForUs (There is another progressive challenger, but she has more followers and is better)
- @VoteAshcraft Grassroots Progressive Democrat for NY-12 U.S. Congress. No corporate or super PAC money. 100% people-powered. Learn more at https://laurenashcraft.com
- @Orozco4Congress Houston's Progressive Candidate for Texas’ 18th Congressional District | Green New Deal | Medicare-for-All | Abolish ICE
- @Sobie2020 ID/DD Job Coach. App State Alum. Progressive Democrat making sure society works for everyone. Funded entirely by you, not corporate interests! [they/them]
- @remmons2020 Chicago Southside, National GVP organizer, Nonprofit Leader, & Social Innovator. Candidate for US Congress (IL-01). For press inquires [email protected].
- @CongressEva Running to represent
#AZ01 in Congress and to put #PeopleFirst. @EvaPutzova
- @ZSpezakis Mom, activist, cleantech exec, Progressive Dem. Wants a just and livable world for all kids. NJ9. 📷 people-funded, please SUPPORT! no corp $ . Trekkie, Star Wars
- @JustinBonner95 Running for congress in Wisconsin's 3rd district. Medicare for all, Ranked choice voting, Workplace democracy, Free public college, Federal job guarantee.
- @AGlassBlake Loving Christian, Activist, Founder/ Director
@GenJusticeSD. Running for Congress in #CA51. 📷% people powered, no Corporate PAC, Lobbyist, or Private Prison $ $
- @amandapfrankel Progressive Dem for NY-10. No corporate PAC $ – 100% people. Composting in BK, volunteering in my community, and promoting political transparency.
#ShahidVsPelosi, electing democratic socialist & civil libertarian Shahid Buttar ( @sheeyahshee) in #CA12. Team tweets. Support: http://bit.ly/shahid-ab
- @jw4congress2020 Progressive Millennial running for NJ-06. I'm tired of listening. I'm ready for action.
- @anthonyvclark20 Congressional Candidate for IL 7th District! Veteran, Teacher, np Director, & Activist! Fighting to eliminate inequality caused by white supremacy & capitalism!
- @NathanClayCO I'm running for US House in Colorado's 7th District as a "radical" progressive Democrat.
- @dcforcongress I am exoloring a Democratic progressive run for U.S. House 2nd District of Iowa.
- @LindseyBoylan Candidate for US Congress, NY-10. Mom. Helped lead
#Fightfor15 in NY. Healthcare, housing, & education are human rights. No corporate PAC 📷. No fossil fuel 📷. (I prefer the other NY-10 candidate)
- @aishabbwahab First Afghan American Woman Elected to Public Office in the United States. Running to Represent the East Bay and Tri-Valley in Congress
#CA15 (Swalwell's opponent!!!!!)
- @CoriBush Candidate for US Congress, RN, Ferguson Activist, Ordained Pastor • I Am the People Who I Fight For •
- @Maebe_A_Girl Congressional Candidate for CA28 📷📷📷 -Silver Lake Neighborhood Councilwoman in LA -First Drag Queen Elected to Public Office in the US
- @RebeccaforWA Queer democratic socialist running for Congress in WA-06. No corporate or lobbyist 📷. Fighting for a home for all of us — not just the wealthiest few.
- @Joshua4Congress Joshua Collins, Truck driver running 4 Congress in WA CD-10! 📷M4A 📷GreenNewDeal 📷BLM 📷LGBT Rights People first, no exceptions. He/him.
- @mh4oh 614 native. Campaigning to represent the people of Ohio’s Third Congressional District as a bold new generational leader.
- @JoseCaballeroSD Veteran. Small business owner. Father. Vegan. Progressive Democrat. Candidate for California Congressional District 53.
- @Lockwood4NC Environmental justice. Economic justice. Social justice.
- @DavidSandbeck MN's 4th district, Ramsey & Washington County. Single Payer, GND, Public Funding of Elections, Challenge the Military Industrial Complex! Be my Delegate 3/2020!
#IL03 Dem for Congress: Real Democrat with a Real Plan for Making the Economy Work For Everyone, Med4Alll, Real Pay For Real Jobs, Green New Deal. #NewDayinIL03
- @Shaniyat2020 Shan for short— Democratic Candidate for NY-5 📷(Queens & Nassau) | A just and peaceful world should not come at the price of human rights | 📷% people-funded.
- @isiah4congress Democratic Candidate for NY-9 |Army Combat Veteran| Community Organizer| Activist| No Corporate 📷|📷% people power|
- @AndomForNY SPEDucator running for Congress in NY D-16. It's time we have a true progressive who fights for working families & not the war lobby. Learn more http://andomforny.com (Not too impressed with this guy and there is another progressive listed here for this district, mostly concerned because he has less followers)
- @ihssaneleckey American immigrant. Recent Wall Street Regulator. Survivor. Millennial Parent. Unapologetically Bold Progressive. FB:
#ShahidVsPelosi Lawyer, DJ, MC, poet, Pelosi's leading challenger with 17,500 votes in 2018 as @ShahidForChange, writer for @EFF @BurningMan & @truthout
- @tomas4congress Progressive Democrat running for Congress in NY-15. 📷Medicare For All, 📷Green New Deal 📷 Criminal Justice Reform 📷Education Reform 📷 Sustainable Housing
- @EvaPutzova A candidate for Congress 2020 in
#AZ01 | @CongressEva. Former Flagstaff City Council councilmember. Doer. Optimist. Activist. Strategist. Progressive.
- @AgathaBacelar 2020 Congressional candidate for CA-12 | Agatha Eleonora Guimarães Bacelar de Oliveira Stephens | Formerly
@emcollective @democracyearth 📷📷
- @OwensForGA13 Progressive Primary Candidate to David Scott for Congress
#GA13 #USMC #Veteran
- @rhabersham Father of a 9-year-old boy. Candidate for Congress in NY's 13th District. Education, Prison, and Housing advocate and lover of NYC.
- @crisantaduran History-making Speaker of the House running for Congress. It’s
#TimeforChange b/c it’s not enough to be just an okay vote ~ we need bold & tenacious action now!
- @BriannaWu Candidate for US House of Representatives in MA District 8 for 2020. Software engineer. Feminist. DMs are open.
Again, praying that this post is not locked because idk how else to get the word out about these candidates — one gets drowned out on Twitter and Facebook. But there are 200k of us, if we got these people some attention, we could win. If you are aware of any other progressives running, let me know…and for the love of God if one of these candidates is in your district, write a letter to the editor, nominate them for an endorsement, etcetcetc.