Donate and support us on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?c=1785147
1) Bernie does better than Warren in most general election (GE) polls. He's more likely to win a general election
2) Bernie does better in GE polls because he attracts more independent voters and traditional non-voters in the young and working classes
3) As a result of #2, progressives will have better down ballot success in the 2020 primaries and Democrats will have better down ballot success in the 2020 general election if Bernie is the nominee.
Progressives will be represented better in the next Congress as a result of a Sanders nomination.
4) Sanders will have his allies introduce MFA legislation early in his first term to allow the opponents to be publicly identified.
Under Warren's plan the opponents will be able to hide until after the 2022 midterms.
5) Public identification of the opponents will enable progressive activists to focus their efforts and provide a lead time to field strong challengers in the 2022 midterms.
6) A President Sanders will be able to use the power of the Executive Branch to twist the arms of the opponents and horse trade for MFA votes.
A Senator like Joe Manchin might not be inclined to support MFA due to his big pharma donors, but those aren't his only donors. When Federal agencies under a Sanders administration fail to execute contracts which start impacting a broad array of the donor class, some opponents are going to blink.
(Sorry to the purists, Bernie is going to play hardball and make some concessions to the donor class in order to achieve larger goals)
7) It goes without saying that Sanders engages a much larger and more activist following than Warren.
The Organizer in Chief will have more people engaged in the political process pushing the change.
Overall Summary – MFA is easily the most effective and logical approach to health care in the US. The only reason we don't have it is due to the power of the corporate health lobby. That lobby will not allow anything leading to their demise to pass. The only way to stop them is to defeat them politically in a head to head confrontation.
We can't kick that confrontation down the road. Bernie has done an amazing job selling the public on MFA the last 4 years and we need to keep the foot on the gas pedal.
submitted by /u/CO2_3M_Year_Peak
SandersForPresident: search results – bernie