Donate and support us on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?c=1785147
I've been in marketing my whole life! I've written hundreds of advertisements. I am a big supporter. I implore you all — please please please — contact the Sanders campaign and tell them not to use the slogan they are using right now. "Not Me, Us", psychologically to the casual reader and listener is saying, "don't vote for me".
The first two words are literally "Not Me". That slogan simply has to change as soon as possible.
Here are some guidelines about slogans.
- It has to be all positive, no negative words – like "not".
- Don't refer to the other side at all, it's all about your campaign.
- Keep it real short (3 words is good, 5 would really be pushing it)
- Keywords like, "You", "Us", are good because people love themselves.
- Keywords like, "Yes", "Believe", "Hope", are positive.
- Mysterious / grand keywords work too, like "Secret", "Truth", "Love"
A major failing of the Clinton campaign was their slogan. "Love Trumps Hate". Psychologically, this says, (to the casual reader), "Love Trump". And it has a negative word in it.
Alternatively look at Obama's slogan. "Yes We Can". It's all positive, it instills hope, it is forward thinking. Use that as the example, and drop this negative, psychologically confusing slogan.
Please! Please please please listen to this. I am without a doubt 100% right on this, and I really really want us to win this election.
Quickly off the top of my head…
We Are One
The us in U.S.
Yes to U.S.
Believe in U.S.
Believe in You
Yes to Truth